Editor’s Note: A lot has happened this week, so here is your chance to get caught up. Read on for the most popular headlines of the week.
1. Massive new LEGO sculptures are blooming at the Fort Worth Botanical Garden. Now in bloom at the Fort Worth Botanical Garden: hydrangeas, hollyhocks and huge sculptures made entirely of LEGOS. For the first time, the city’s first garden is hosting the exhibition “Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects with LEGO Bricks”, which began on May 6 and will run until August 1.
2. New chef-run restaurant and start at an all-suite hotel in the Waterside complex in Fort Worth. On Tuesday, May 4, two exciting new doors were opened at Fort Worth’s Waterside development – a long-awaited restaurant from a popular local chef and an all-suite hotel close to the Trinity Trails. The first was The Rim, the second location of Chef Keith Hicks’ popular Burleson restaurant. The all-suite Residence Inn Fort Worth Southwest by Marriott has also opened.
3. Fort Worth pickleballs at the new Courtside Kitchen restaurant. A new restaurant is coming to Fort Worth with what appears to be a new must-have accessory: pickleball. Called Courtside Kitchen, it will be a huge indoor-outdoor space at 1615 Rogers Rd., Near University Drive and I-30, and will be Fort Worth’s first dedicated pickleball center. It will open in the summer of 2021.
4. Mean opens in North Texas as the first Broadway tour of the United States after the pandemic. Broadway has announced its official reopening in September 2021, but Dallas-Fort Worth audiences will have their music fix even sooner. When Mean opens at Music Hall in Fair Park on August 3, 2021, it will not only mark the return of Dallas Summer Musicals, but will also be the first Broadway touring show in the country to open.
5. The best ways to celebrate and spoil mom on Mother’s Day in Dallas-Fort Worth. Mother’s Day is just around the corner and after more than a year apart, many mothers and grandmothers say the best gift they could ever receive is spending time with their family. We’ve put together some fun “dates with mom” to spoil mom in town on her special day, but give her what she wants most – time with you.