Wednesday August 10
1) Best-selling ‘van life’ author Brianna Madia (‘Nowhere Very Long’) will discuss her work Wednesday at the Wilkinson Public Library at 5:30 p.m.
2) Chrome Velvet and Niceness are guests tonight at Sunset Music Series at Sunset Plaza. Music starts at 6 p.m.
3) The Sheridan SHOW Bar hosts Happy Hour with Desert PJ Moon and the Swappers on the terrace tonight at 7 p.m.
Thursday August 10
1) Sip and savor for a good cause: Top Chef and Taste of Telluride are at the Peaks Resort tonight from 5:30-9:30 p.m., a benefit for local mentoring non-profit One to One, who are doing a lot of good work in this area . Visit OneToOneMentoring.org to learn more.
2) Listen to a Fen Talk tonight at the Wilkinson Public Library tonight, then take a guided walk through the Fen this weekend! The cat is on the library terrace at 5:30 p.m.; visit telluridelibrary.org for an overview.
3) Michael Tobin and John Gallow perform tonight on Twilight in the Transfer Warehouse. Free entry; music starts at 6 p.m.
4) A programming note: The Ridgway Farmers Market usually takes place on Fridays, but for one time only this season it will be held today (Thursday) in Hartwell Park, starting at 10am.
Friday August 12
1) The Ouray County Fair runs through Saturday at the 4-H Event Center in Ridgway. Come see what’s going on!
2) The Telluride Jazz Festival is in town this weekend. The venerable annual event runs through Sunday; visit telluridejazz.org for a schedule.
3) Along with all the ripe fruit and sparkling fresh vegetables, you can hear live music at the Telluride Farmers Market on South Oak St., where Claybrook & Tom entertain from 11 a.m.
3) Telluride Theater presents The Invincible Three, a musical performance at a new venue in Ophir, from tonight through Sunday. Show time is at 6 p.m. Visit telluridetheatre.org to purchase tickets and learn more.
Saturday August 13
1) Meet at the village market at 9 am for a Fen walk (there is no admission fee). Visit telluridelibrary.org/events to learn more.
2) The 37th Annual Ridgway Gathering, a popular arts and crafts festival, is taking place this weekend in Ridgway’s Hartwell Park. Today’s hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3) Not to be outdone (no one compares), Mountain Village is hosting a fine arts festival at Heritage Plaza and Conference Plaza today from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday August 14
1) Arts and Crafts shows continue today at Ridgway’s Hartwell Park (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and Mountain Village from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2) The Telluride Theatre’s weekend musical performance, The Invincible Three, culminates tonight with a show in Ophir’s Silver Bell Mine. Dress warmly! The show starts at 6 p.m.; visit telluridetheatre.org for tickets.
3) Don’t miss a meeting: AA meetings, Al-Anon meetings, and NA meetings are all held weekly in the box canyon, either in person at Christ Church, via Zoom, or both. Call 970-729-1120 if you would like a list of meeting times sent to your phone.
Monday August 15
1) The San Juan Chamber MusicFest opens today with a free children’s concert at Ridgway’s United Church of the San Juans. The music starts at 10 a.m. Visit ocpag.org to see the full schedule.
2) The Metropolitan Opera’s Summer Encore series presents Donizetti’s “La Fille du Régiment” tonight at the Palm Theatre. The screening starts at 6:00 p.m.; learn more at telluridepalm.com.
3) EcoAction Partners is hosting a Green Business Roundtable tomorrow on the lower terrace of the Wilkinson Public Library at noon. Food and drinks will be served; visit telluridelibrary.org/events to learn more.
Tuesday August 16
1) Ashley Boling offers an entertaining and historically accurate walk around the city today and Thursday. Meet him at the Telluride Historical Museum at 1 p.m. if you’d like to come.
2) Practice your Spanish with native speakers this afternoon on the terrace of La Cocina de Luz and enjoy free appetizers (margaritas and cervezas are for you). Wilkinson Public Library hosts happy hour in Spanish at 5:30 p.m.
3) The San Juan Chamber MusicFest continues tonight with a classic café concert at the 4-H Event Center in Ridgway. The show is at 7:30 p.m. Visit ocpag.org to see the schedule.