World Environment Day – June 5e, 2021: JCDecaux, partner of Justdiggit, a non-profit organization that aims to make Africa green again, provides digital screens
and post poster free in 13 African countries and 7 European countries
Paris June 4e, 2021 – To celebrate World Environment Day (June 5e, 2021) and the launch of âUN Decade – the United Nationsâ global rallying cry for countries to unite, protect and restore ecosystems – JCDecaux renews its commitment to Justdiggit, a non-profit organization focused on reforestation in Africa.
JCDecaux, Justdiggit partner since 2014:
- Display digital messages free of charge in 13 African countries (South Africa, Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Gabon, CÃ´te d’Ivoire, Zambia, Cameroon, Uganda and Madagascar) and provide advertising faces on its screens in 6 countries (South Africa, Uganda, Tanzania, Cameroon, Gabon and CÃ´te d’Ivoire).
- Communicate free of charge in 7 European countries, throughout France and in 6 capitals (London, Berlin, Rome, Madrid, Brussels and Dublin). UN Decade and Justdiggit will display their advertisements on more than 500 JCDecaux digital screens. The format ranges from 2mÂ² to iconic billboards such as The Kensington in London (270mÂ²). The posting period will last one week in each city between June and July 2021.
Justdiggit was founded in the Netherlands in 2010 and has offices in Nairobi and Amsterdam. Its mission: to make Africa green again in the next decade, with 350 million farmers. The non-profit organization works with small local teams, a large network of local and international partners and multiple local volunteers.
Coinciding with the Climate Week summit held in New York in September 2019, JCDecaux reaffirmed its commitment to the fight against global warming by becoming the first outdoor communication group to join the RE100 initiative. Founded by (NGO), The Climate Group, in partnership with the CDP (a non-profit organization that aims to study the implications of climate change for the main listed companies in the world), this initiative brings together companies around the world to promote 100% renewable electricity. On this occasion, JCDecaux exhibited a poster by Danish artist Per Arnoldi on 40 sites in New York (Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens) and presented an animated version of the poster on 12 of its digital bus shelters around the building of the UN. Discover the video by Jean-FranÃ§ois Decaux reaffirming JCDecaux’s commitment to the fight against climate change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTi-NaxXNEk&t=1s
Wessel van Eeden, Global Head of Marketing and Communications at Justdiggit, mentionned: “JCDecaux is one of the key partners of Justdiggit. In support of the United Nations Decade for Ecosystem Restoration, which this Friday, June 4e, together we will reach millions of people across Africa and Europe to show that nature-based solutions are 37% of the solution to climate change. Inspiring farmers and urban communities with a simple solution, restoring our beautiful planet. As Sir David Attenborough so wisely put: “The climate crisis is now a communication challenge.“ We know the problems and the solutions, we just need to make the next ten years a decade of doing instead of talking. Therefore we could not be more proud of our partnership, JCDecaux is a true leader in sustainable development in many respects, and we look forward to greening the hearts and minds of the peoples and degraded soils of Africa together.“
Jean-FranÃ§ois Decaux and Jean-Charles Decaux, co-CEOs of JCDecaux, mentionned: “World Environment Day and the start of the United Nations Decade are an opportunity for JCDecaux to reaffirm its strong commitments towards our planet. JCDecaux has always set its strategic priorities in all the countries where it operates, to permanently reduce its environmental impact. In particular, the Group has covered its electricity consumption with renewable energies and reduced its greenhouse gas emissions. These commitments have been recognized for many years, as illustrated by our main benchmarks *. JCDecaux is committed to Justdiggit, a non-profit reforestation organization in Africa, providing advertising space on its digital screens and displaying poster in 7 European countries and 13 African countries. This year‘s World Environment Day also marks the launch of the United Nations Decade, a global rallying cry for countries to unite in the effort of protect and restore ecosystems. JCDecaux contributes to the initiative by stagesvideo launching the United Nations Decade on its screens. The United Nations Decade runs from 2021 to 2030, which is also the deadline for the Sustainable Development Goals and the time frame that scientists have identified as the last chance to prevent catastrophic climate change. As a partner of Justdiggit, which has already accomplished remarkable work by restoring 60,000 hectares of dry and degraded land and by regenerating more than 6 million trees in two and a half years, JCDecaux is proud to help raise awareness among as many people as possible about protection and ecosystem restoration. Not only will this effort improve people‘s living conditions, but it will also fight against the effects of climate change, thus halting the loss of biodiversity and concretely demonstrating the positive impact of our outdoor communication media. In the words of Justdiggit, it’s the decade to do. Let‘s dig deep together to restore the planet!“
* In 2020, JCDecaux was once again recognized for its commitment and leadership in the fight against climate change, by maintaining its CDP “Leadership“ status in addition to obtaining a score of 5/5 in the environmental criteria of the FTSE4Good extra-financial index and obtaining a score of 10/10 in MSCI‘s environmental criteria (carbon emissions).
Key figures of JCDecaux
- 2020 turnover: â¬ 2,312m
- Present in 3,670 towns with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- A daily audience of more than 840 million people in more than 80 countries
- 10,230 employees
- Leader in self-service bicycle rental: pioneer of eco-responsible mobility
- 1st Outside Home Media Company to join RE100 (committed to 100% renewable energies)
- JCDecaux is listed on Eurolist Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indices
- JCDecaux is recognized for its extra-financial performance in the FTSE4Good (4.6 / 5) and CDP (Leadership) rankings and obtained the MSCI AAA score for the 4e consecutive year
- 964,760 billboards worldwide
- World No. 1 in street furniture (489,500 advertising panels)
- N Â° 1 worldwide in transport advertising with 156 airports and 249 contracts in subways, buses, trains and trams (329,790 advertising panels)
- N Â° 1 in Europe for billboards (129,970 billboards)
- N Â° 1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (615,530 advertising panels)
- N Â° 1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216,590 billboards)
- N Â° 1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (66,120 billboards)
- N Â° 1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (22,500 billboards)
- N Â° 1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (15,350 billboards)
For more information on JCDecaux, visit jcdecaux.com.
Join us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Communications management: Albert AssÃ©raf
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 35 – [email protected]
Investor Relations: David Bourg, Group Chief Financial and Administrative Officer
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – [email protected]
04-06-2021 # Partnership Justdiggit_FR